When it comes to raising a family, one of the most important thing you need to look at is where you choose to settle down. You need to find a home in a child-friendly neighborhood, with a good school, and with easy access to parks and recreational facilities. Safe neighborhoods with a good population of families with children make for an ideal place to own a home and raise your own children.
Taking into consideration all the things that make a city great for families, we have put together a list of the best ones in the country to raise children.
- Naperville, Illinois: Naperville has a community spirit which is great for family life. With a low crime rate, low cost of living, excellent public schools, and job opportunities, Naperville is one of the best places to raise children. The Riverwalk, DuPage Children’s Museum and the Park District’s Centennial Beach are all great places for families to visit together.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan: Situated on the Grand River and the second largest city in Michigan, Grand Rapids is a great place to raise children. Aside from great schools and job opportunities, the city has a host of activities for the whole family. Some places of interest include the John Ball Zoological Garden, the Grand Rapids Public Museum, and Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.
- San Ramon, California: San Ramon has a low unemployment rate and some of the best schools in the state of California. The city is also a great place to live because of the many activities the residents can enjoy. The Blackhawk Museum, Morgan Territory Regional Preserve, and the Las Trampas and Iron Horse Regional Trails are some great places for families to visit.
- Irvine, California: The master-planned city in Orange County, California is full of family-oriented activities. The city also boasts great schools, shopping centers, and leading business centers. Residents can enjoy the vast outdoor with over 16,000 acres of parks, sports facilities, and open spaces. Families with children can spend the whole day at the Pretend City Children’s Museum.
- The Woodlands, Texas: The Woodlands is an award-winning master-planned community in Texas. Situated within a native forest, The Woodlands is one with nature and a beautiful place to raise children. Good schools, jobs, and a variety of activities are available to the residents of this community. The George Mitchell Nature Preserve, Wet ‘n’ Wild Splash Town, W. G. Jones State Forest, Town Green Park, and Burroughs Park provide day-long fun for the whole family.
- Raleigh, North Carolina: The second largest city in North Carolina, Raleigh is known for its great universities and education system. The North Carolina Museum of Art, the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, the J. C. Raulston Arboretum, and Pullen Park are some of the favorite places for families to spend time together.
- Ann Arbor, Michigan: Home to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is famous for its research programs. Great schools, lots of job opportunities mixed well with a whole lot of art and culture makes Ann Arbor a good place to raise a family. The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum will keep kids occupied for a whole day.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts: Cambridge is part of the Boston Metropolitan area and home to Harvard University. The historic city is bursting with culture and stories from the past. The low crime rate, excellent school districts, job opportunities, and lots of opportunities for family fun make Cambridge an ideal place to raise a family. Harvard Square and Harvard Museum of Natural History are great spots for a day out with the family.
That’s our list of the best cities to raise children in the United States.